FOOD | A springtime recipe
Spring is the perfect time to start incorporating whats in season. Energetically this can help us shed winter weight and transition into brighter, warmer days. Some of our favorite springtime foods include:
and so much more!
To help get you more inspired here is a great recipe to incorporate some of our springtime favs. veggies!
Spring Veggie Salad
Sugar snap peas
extra virgin olive oil
apple cider vinegar
1. Blanch the snap peas and asparagus. To do so, you will need to Boil a pot of water, and in a separate bowl add ice and cold water. Once the pot of water on the stove is boiling, add snap peas and asparagus for 1-2 mins. Quickly remove the veggies from the boiling water and put the asparagus and snap peas into the bowl of ice. You can then drain the vegetables from the ice bowl and set aside on a paper towel.
2. In a large mixing bowl add butter lettuce.
3. In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1/2 of a freshly squeezed lemon, a pinch of sea salt, a teaspoon of turmeric, and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Whisk together.
4. Chop up 1 full avocado and add to the butter lettuce.
5. Combine the snap peas and asparagus with the butter lettuce and Avo. Then top with the dressing.
6. Mix, and serve!